[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Some help from us all (long)

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 10:06:43 -0500

I have mentioned to many that my week with you folks in Colorado as well as
my family there was truly one of the very best ever in my life!!
This week has also been an interesting and good one as well, but not really
the same since the actions were quite different!  What I've been
trying to do for about 4 years has been to sell my family business in Penna.
since my dear husband passed in 2/03.  I have been seeing a
very odd similarity between some of the situations with the GSDCA and
Francis L. Freas Glass Works, Inc.!!!  Since I'm involved deeply
in BOTH, it made me think--- oh no is it "ME"??     Honest Listers, I've
been asked by many to write a book of my life but never did
take it too seriously.   The timing of BOTH strange episodes are eeire in
their likenesses.  The "new motto" thingy is only ONE of many but
one that I can relate to and give you your trivia for the day.      When
this business became mine in 1997, I DID encourage the employees &
things did quite well with my motto at the time - "Together we can make a
difference"!  Yeah, right!!!    As time went on it was evident, as I
lived 1400 miles away in Penna., that did NOT work!   Ok, in 2003, I had had
it and knew the business would fail after OVER 100 YEARS!!
My grandfather started it in 1905!    A trip back during that year I rented
a car, a Ford Focus.   I told the prospective Buyers I had a new
motto "Focus on the future"!!!!!        It took, as I said, 4 years, but it
did work as SOME of us concentrated on this motto.   THE BUSINESS
WAS SOLD with the closing/settlement finalized just the other day,
10/24/07!!    I know this is off topic, but please understand that THIS
LIST AND GROUP OF PEOPLE LOVING THE GREATEST DOG EVER ---- ARE ABOUT THE
ONLY REAL FAMILY I HAVE
EXCEPT, seriously,   the 2 kinfolks I was with last week along with YOU!!!
Other lists are fine but Da List is ------- not normal  --- so maybe that's
why I'm HERE!    LOL  I want to thank you  in public for being so
DIFFERENT and PASSIONATE and VERSATILE      just like the great 4 legged
kids we love so much.      Norma no L