[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Some days our GSD are just to smart for their own good !

  • From: "Mary-Anne" <mary-anne.boulet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 23:25:19 -0500

Hi Beryl
One thing that works for a while with my female (after she starts clamping
the mouth) is to grind it up and put it into yoghurt.  Works for a while.
The other favourite is to hide it in the spray cheese that Kraft makes (very
expensive for me as the spray cheese isn't available here in Canada and I
have to import it) or in liverwurst.  As long as the pill is completely
covered, I'll often get away with this:  Prepare 4 or 5 little piles of
either liverwurst or cheese (I do one on each finger) - have the pill in the
middle pile - feed two piles without pill - feed pill - quickly feed other
two piles.  Is messy as heck but works 80% of the time.
Have fun,, glad she's feeling better
Mary-Anne