[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Some Real Facts and Feelings (LONG)

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: crbryden@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 12:52:29 EDT

This is the statement that amazes me...it should be in bold, but the list
doesn't show that, so I'll do all caps.
I FILED THE COMPLAINT AFTER THE FIRST DOG WAS EXHIBITED BY THE PERSON IN
QUESTION

And nobody present stopped it from going forth???

Wow.

And yes, Candee...... Clap, clap, clap, clap.

In a message dated 6/22/07 9:26:55 AM, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> God bless you Candee! you did something that many others wanted to but
> didn't...it takes courage to take a stand in the presence of a perceived
> wrong
> doing. I applaud you as many do, some won't come out and say it for risk of
> retaliation...next time I see you I will give you a great big hug...well at
> least I warned you!....Ed
> C BRYDEN <crbryden@xxxxxxx> wrote:   Ileana, Diana and all.....
>
> Since this topic is out there, let me explain to you why a complain was
> filed, by me.....
>
> As a person who has been involved in this breed for almost 30 years (hard to
> believe), I have, at times, devoted my time and money to our club by doing
> the interviews in the Red Book, being the assistant to Debbie H. at the
> nationals.....I've taken the judges seminar, I've done fun matches, the
> champion stuff and have handled and finished dogs for others.....enough said
> of me.
>
> Here's what I notice that's going on.....I go to dog shows and I'm not
> seeing "new" faces. New people come to our shows and see the events that
> take place, listen to the exhibitors sitting around the ring, complaining of
> the going on's, and say to themselves, do I really want to belong to a sport
> that has so many issues? More than likely, they don't, as we don't see them
> sticking with it.
>
> For those of us who are still with it (Lorraine Schowalter referred to it as
> a disease :), we are unable to walk away from something we truly love to do.
> Seeing a GSD gaiting, or looking at its owner with those brown eyes is
> something not easily to forget.
>
> So, why did I complain......IT WAS NOTHING PERSONAL!! And let me say that
> again, and again. But by golly, a rule is a rule. And I knew going in,
> that parties were going to be there, that in all honesty, should not be
> (pertaining to the 4 month rule). So, instead of sitting around and
> bitching about it (as so many of us did that day), I had done my homework.
> I filed the complaint after the first dog was exhibited by the person in
> question. That's what happened. No one else wanted to complain for fear of
> "something backfiring". And you know, that's ok. But, as a person, who has
> been involved in this for so many years, it all comes down to a matter of
> PRINCIPAL!!

~~~~~~~~
Stormy Hope
California Federation of Dog Clubs