[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Some Judges opinions please.

  • From: Gail BAUMAN <gailbauman1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <osmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, ShowGSDs <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 12:48:42 -0600

I have some friends here in the area that had a male with not only ONE ear tip
missing, but BOTH - they finished his CH quite easily in the AB rings finishing
at quite a young age, and he went on to a very decent specials career in the AB
ring as well - several BOB wins and many, many group placements - not one judge
mentioned anything about his ear being missing - one thing that we kind of
joked about was that the judge would remember the dog with the ear tip missing,
which could sure work to your advantage in some cases.  I sure wouldn't let it
interfere with giving it a really good run, that's for darned sure!!Gail Bauman
Liebchen German Shepherds www.geocities.com/liebchenkennels> From:
bedkar@xxxxx> To: osmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx; showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [
SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Some Judges opinions please.> Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 18:04:37
+0000> > Speaking for myself, the "tipped" ear would not bother me....nor do I
think it> would bother any other breeder judges.> > That said, there might be
some All Breed judges that may not care for it, especially> in a special. I
have seen several class dogs with missing ear parts go on to finish> but I have
never seen one specialed.> > But....if my memory serves me correctly (Peggy and
Helen would probably remember)> there was a Siberian Champion that won
Westminster with a damaged ear....so, it> is difficult to say. If he shows as
well as you say, then go for and see what happens. -Kay Reamensnyder and Betty
Doerpinghaus -Home of Bedkar German Shepherds -bedkar@xxxxx -Visit our Website:
www.bedkargsd.com > From: osmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx> To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Some Judges opinions please.> Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008
10:33:13 -0700> > So I need an opinion from you judges out there. We have got a
4 yr old CH > boy. He finished fast, has got 13 BOB under his belt. We were
waiting for > him to mature before we really put him out there to special. This
fall in a > small show he really showed great, nice attitude, in fact best
showing since > he was a puppy. OK, we think he is ready to go back out. Now
one of his best > points is his head. Truly great male head and ear set, no
mistaking this boy > for a bitch ever. Two weeks ago, while we were gone, the
kennel help let > some fence fighting occur. During the fence fight the boy
lost the tip of > his l> eft ear. I mean gone. About a quarter inch. To you
judges out there, > how big a problem is this? Would it affect your opinion?>
Thanks> Oak> Oak Ridge German Shepherds> Dedicated to the German Shepherd Dog>
Signers of the GSDCA Breeders Code of Ethics.> www.oakridgegsd.blogspot.com >>
POST is Copyrighted 2008. All material remains the property of the original
Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. > > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT
THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS
ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE
LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF
THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED. > > For assistance, please contact the
List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE -
http://showgsd.org> NATIONAL BLOG - http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/>