[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Some GSDCA History

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: Gsdbroon@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 22:39:54 EDT

In a message dated 5/5/2006 7:55:59 P.M. Central Standard Time,
Gsdbroon@xxxxxxx writes:
have to  rise to Harry Schneider's defense.  He  was not the GSDCA president
in 1964, the year we had no national, and no  responsibility for that  lack

Tom--
 You certainly took offence where no offence was made. The only reason  we
were allowed to continue as a National club,was because Harry was the only  one
the AKC would allow  to be President after all the mess the Parent Club  was
in. They chose Him and told us as a Board that was the only way we could
continue as a club. We were grateful that he took on the job. No one implied he

had anything to do with our troubles. That was done before he was appointed .
He
 was appointed to carry on,If he hadn't agreed ,not only would the AKC take
our National away,but would have dissolved our club,.  I was a Board member
all during that time,&served under Harold Sands and thankfully Harry
Schneider. Helen Miller Fisher