[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Solving the Digging Dilemna

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: scotties@xxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 18:27:27 EDT

Years ago we had a Doberman that was a digger........grandpa said we could
actually build a pool in one of the hole this dummy dug up.

First attempt at stopping the digging, we sprinkled the yard with
coffee....yes, coffee. It distracted the dog from whatever he was smelling and
then he
would just stop.

But then came the raining season.

What really worked:  we started to keep his nails REALLY  SHORT.  I mean
REALLY SHORT.  That way, any extended digging would end  up hurting, and he
would
stop.  Worked like a charm.

Or you may want to try hiring your dog out to a pool  contractor.....<G>

Good luck.

Ileana

In a message dated 7/29/2008 6:21:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
scotties@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Ok I  need help on this one to...my female has decided that she should
landscape  the whole acre and a half...she digs all the time, I feel like
removing  her paws.  My yard is starting to look like a real junk yard.  I
have heard that if you get a balloon and blow it up, put it in the hole  they
just dug, and cover it, that when they dig again, they may pop the  balloon
and they might stop digging, haven't actually tried it so I don't  know if it
works...I am to lazy to blow up a balloon...haha.

I  finally just gave up, bought a kennel and put it up on our cement patio
that we have, and now she can have fun trying to dig up the  cement.

Giselda

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.