[ SHOWGSD-L ] Sod at the National-PLEASE READ

  • From: JJogra@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 16:01:03 -0400 (EDT)

I sent out emails to all who were on Helen Franklin's list of contacts for
the parent club. I have received acknowledgement from only two individuals.
One  individual thanked me for my concerns and the other individual had the
following  to say:

The entire Board Saw the surface in KC July 2010.  The Manager  had the
surfce specifically put
out for our visit
Our Show Chair  recently went to look at it again.  It is not dangerous!

The Cardi  club held is National on it and I can assure you, the dogs were
doing agility  with high
speed and quick turns and nobody was injured

People get  injured on sod - case in point was last year during BOB where a
handler went  down
and had to be carried off.

The Cost of installing and removing  sod is HIGH 11-15K.

Ms Kremmer has not seen the fascility, not looked at  what she calls
Bargain Basement Turf.  It
is the same stuff used by  Purina.

I will not identify this individual by name. Suffice it to say that this
person is on the List and I would encourage them to post their answer to the
entire List. So please, do not ask me to name names. Based on the answer
given  above, I feel Kris needs to clarify some of the statements she made on
her  previous email. I agree with Kris that our dogs and handlers should not
be made  to run on surfaces that could potentially hurt anyone. However,
there are  inconsistencies and they need to be cleared up. Rumors and gosip
are very  destructive and can run wild if not contained.

Joey Perez-Gurri