[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: SoCal Specialties

  • From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bill Basu <billgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 18:44:23 -0700

Hey Bill.
I have no problem with the 4 shows in one weekend, but ...they are
exhausting, and usually the judge at the end of the weekend has fewer
exhibitors..everyone is
"so done"" and just want to get home..but I understand your thinking.  More
shows, more opportunity at one site..that is something I think more
clubs are considering.
The Claremont site is not at all dependent on the R/ Sbdo GSDC for any major
income.  They hold DOZENS of dog events every year, from ARBA
to BIG specialties for many breeds.. they are "sitting in the catbird seat"
  their attitude is pay , or don't , ..don't much care.  They have no
problem
booking events..sad but true.

Yes doing the same thing over and over and expecting different
results....lol...not working .   I don't have answers for the difficulty
clubs are facing.
Part of it with some  *some* clubs is as was pointed out with another club
this week..."We don't want new members"  .  The aging cadre would rather
take it with them than to give up "their" clubs..this is not that unusual.
 It is a power trip, of a strange sort.. and it has driven many clubs into
the dirt...pathetic.

Kathy
*http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com*
* <http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/>**UPDATED: April 20, 2011
**Home of:
CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle *
*
"Victory...*Vires et honestas"