[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: So whats next?

  • From: Gail Hardcastle <hardcastle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 18:10:45 -0400 (EDT)

 and
we have no one to lead us out of this morass.............WHAT A BLOODY MESS
THIS IS.

Peggy

I respectfully disagree. Which ever candidate wins, he or she will lead us out
of this mess. There are many hurt feelings on the Board and perhaps it is too
late to salvage this Board. We can all only hope that the new Board will show
respect and dignity towards each other.
We are not in trouble with the AKC. We have officer and director insurance for
the time being...the law suit could affect the cost for future years if it even
renewed.

It could be that the charges by members against the Executive Committee will
not be entertained. It could be that the charges against a fellow candidate
will not be entertained. I will fight towards that end if they are ever
presented with paid funds to the Board. These actions are acts against our club
and all of us. Being on the Board does not make one wise. It does not make them
smart, caring or polite. Stripes do not change upon election. Some people are
leaders and others are not.

The election will change authority and many wonderful Board members will return
or be re-elected. The Executive committee will be nominated and voted upon. I
would suggest that no member of the Budget and Finance committee serve on the
Exec Committee. I would suggest that the Board considers rejecting low bids for
services. Many problems this year could have been
avoided if chairmen could work with local printers, known ballot companies or
mailing houses.

Mistakes will be avoided because the leadership will be knowledgable about
policies. We always have pros and cons mailed with the proposed By-Laws
changes. Does this really matter? I think it does. Did anyone know about or
remind others about this requirement? I don't think so.

Candidates running for office cannot write editorials for the Review. Did
anyone even realize this the past few months? I would say for sure that they do
not. I think this is a good rule and was on the Board when it was passed. It
could give an unfair edge.

I know many things from past experience and so does Ken. One of us or both of
us helping each other as we promised will lead us out of this confused state.
The future is bright, we have goals to reach next year and a wonderful National
to attend. See you there!

Gail