[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: So what are fair handling charges?

  • From: MarcatoGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 00:25:12 EST

I think fair charges are obviously, the base for for taking the dog in.  I do
not think there should be a bonus for going into BOB ring...because that's
what you're there for, to hopefully take one of those placements.
I don't disagree with a bonus for going to group, because, face it, the
herding group is usually at the end.  I do disagree with a bonus for a group
placement, but, if the dog happened to go to BIS ring, wouldn't mind paying a
lil
more for that, and I don't think it's out of line to ask for a lil extra if
said
dog happens to go BIS.

I wouldn't mind a handler charging for grooming because grooming supplies are
expensive, and if you have multiple charges, obviously you grooming tack is
going to run out more quickly. I'd think it would be fair to have a charge for
the initial before ring grooming, but if you're going to group, I kinda feel
that second grooming should be "on the house", just because it should be
expected to do them up again real quick, but it's not as detailed as the first
time
(Just a few touch ups).

- Jackie

Marcato Shepherds