[ SHOWGSD-L ] "So and so's here today"

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 10:08:44 -0400

If a particularly good dog's show plans=20
are posted on the list, that can, and likely will, adversely affect atten=
dance=20
at those shows ... even after entries close.  There are people who would =

believe the show is not winnable for their own dog, and they might decide=
, based on=20
what they saw on the list, not to attend the show.=20

Tom Langlitz
Showgsd-l Administrator                             Hi Tom:  Taken this s=
tatement a little further, I have seen people that actually go all the wa=
y to a show, and after looking at a catalog and see who's entered that da=
y, will pull their dog.  How sad is that.  They do all that training and =
preparation for the show and pull a dog because they are worried of the c=
ompetition, or that it's fixed in that dogs favor, or whatever the reason=
=2E  I know this to be true because it happened to me on a number of occa=
sions when I was campaigning a paticular animal of mine to their champion=
ship.  I'd be walking around ring side at the beginning of the show getti=
ng a place to set up, and I'd hear comments like:  "so and so is here tod=
ay, there goes my chances", and they didn't know I was the owner of that =
dog.  I heard this a few times with my own dogs as well as other peoples =
dogs.  They'd pull their dogs, and the entry and points dropped.  What a =
shame that some people think like this.  I know I certainly did not have =
any "political" favors coming my way.  I was a small breeder just trying =
to do win like everyone else.  No one owned me anything.  My dog won beca=
use my dog deserved to win.  On an interesting note, I never heard after =
this dog won, that it was a set up or a political win.  Go figure.  Best =
wishes,  Barbara Galasso                             p.s.  As a foot note=
, if my dog could only win because of who I knew, and who she/he was out =
of or what breeder bred him, then my dog wouldn't deserve her/his champio=
nship in my opinion.  What's the fun in that?  I want them to win because=
 they deserve to win.........not who I know.