[ SHOWGSD-L ] So, a mistake is not a lifetime

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 11:32:21 EDT

In a message dated 10/1/2005 9:33:03 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I have  been horrified at the tactics I have seen some resort to, and
horrified at the  threats candidates have received

I said this before, and this points out the problems with  mailers. Years ago
I sent a mailer and paid the club ten cents for each name on  the roster.
That is what was voted to be done by the board.  The person who  ran against me
didn't pay at all, but used the roster having it converted to a  computer
program, so no payment was made.

Mailers, statements, endorsements or even posts about our  honor, and efforts
need to be taken as would any other election statements. I  don't believe
what is posted about a candidate or is said by a candidate should  be used to
decide a vote.  Everyone running has been in the breed for  years. They have
established a reputation, earned your respect or shown to be  less than would
be
desired on our board. Those are the factors that should be  considered when you
cast your vote.

As Margery said, everyone can make a mistake.  No one is  perfect, (not
including Tedi in that statement), but we are all human, and  therefore one act
or
failure to act should not be able to overcome a  lifetime of actions.

Vote with your knowledge of the past, consider the needs of  the future, and
do today what will satisfy both.

I learned yesterday that a good friend of mine, and one of our  extended
German shepherd family lost a son, and it seems to me that an election  for our
club is such a minor thing right now that it is hard for me to even  consider
it.  It is not my place to say more, but if you want to know and  post to me
privately I will respond.  I do know my heart is with her right  now

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together