[ SHOWGSD-L ] Snow noses !!!! (how cute; I want to strive for this!)

  • From: Linda Bankhead <lindabankhead44@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showlist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 12:41:35 -0400

The GSDCA also changed the Standard under the head description.
Old: A dog with a nose that is not predominantly black must be disqualified.

New: A dog with a nose that is not predominantly black is to be seriously
faulted.

Word now is via the grape vine (BOD to a member on FB) that we are now
going to vote on each issue individually.  Don't quote me on that; it is
better than a rumour but nor a proven factoid.

So what happens if nose does not pass, White GSD does?  One of the  white
standards allows for a "snow nose" much like we see in Siberian Huskies,
Golden Retrievers, Labrador Retrievers, and Bernese Mountain Dogs.

Lovely, just what we need ... snow noses.

PS: Ed, I hope you are right on this never getting 2/3 vote.

Perhaps the membership ballot from last year is an indication!

1. All AKC recognized German Shepherd Dogs, both AKC registered (dogs with
a known

AKC pedigree) and AKC ILP/PAL “listed” dogs, are eligible to win Performance

Victor/Victrix prizes at the GSDCA National.

2. Only AKC registered German Shepherd Dogs with a known AKC pedigree (no
ILP/PAL,

“listed” dogs) are eligible to win the performance Victor/Victrix awards.

In Favor of #1       287                 In Favor of #2      641

B. This vote addresses the eligibility of GSD with disqualifying
conformation faults to win the

performance Victor/Victrix awards at the GSDCA national.

1. The performance Victor/ Victrix must be free of disqualifying faults as
stated by the AKC

GSD Standard and as verified by a GSD Breed judge at the National.

2. The performance Victor/Victrix is judged solely on its performance and
not by a

conformation breed standard.

In Favor of #1   533               In Favor of #2   395

http://showgsd.org/mail.html