[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Smelly Dog

  • From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 20:02:39 -0400

Our dogs used to go swimming daily in our pond.  They tended to get a bit
stinky if they weren't dried thoroughly.  This is because bacteria and fungi
love damp places.

Unless our dogs are showing, they aren't bathed.  Instead, they get a thorough
brushing once a week.  They never stink.  (Well, that is unless they have the
misfortune of getting sprayed by a skunk!)

Paulette McGuirt, GSDCA Member
Wellborn-Allemande German Shepherds
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam