[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Smartest breeds

  • From: RckyIizard@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:40:41 EST

In a message dated 2/17/2005 11:30:07 AM Mountain Standard Time,
kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Afghan hounds are decidedly * NOT* stupid!!
See? That's why I hate these so-called intelligence tests! Are they
testing raw canine intelligence or trainability/drive? Because there
is a difference. Really intelligent breeds such as many of the hounds
are often not very trainable. They are so smart, they just don't see
the point!
-----------------------------------
There was only one problem on the dog IQ test, to my recollection, that
assessed ANYTHING at all to do with trainability, and that was only how many
repititions it took before the dog "got it".  The rest of the problems dealt
with
things like finding a cookie...the dumbest dog in the world still wants a
cookie, but is it going to be able to find it--even when it was shown where it
was?
It has nothing to with training or having "slavish devotion" to a master.

If you don't like it, that's fine it's up to you, I only sent it for fun, but
I for one am very glad that my dogs are intelligent AND trainable.

Liz in Utah

Visit my website at http://hometown.aol.com/rckyiizard/index.html