[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Small is not alway bad

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 00:49:52 -0400

Evan...
    some day you will have to climb down off the fence and put both feet
on the same side.
    If Lance, or some other historic great dog from the past, was
entered, wouldn't you like the chance to beat him?  Or would you rather
beat dogs who probably will never finish, or if they do, will never be
true specials quality?
    Someone wrote to me earlier this evening that they could remember
when the FV/FVX and MV/MVX would finish pretty quickly -- that is not
the case these days.  I can't prove it, but it isn't my comment, it came
from someone else.  I can think of one dog who took a year to finish,
and I doubt it's the same dog that other person is thinking of, so maybe
it's true.
    Certainly more competition is better...and not for the money it
brings.  It's better because it is ALWAYS better to beat the best of the
best...there is no glory in winning in small entries unless all the
competition is fantastic...and you know, or you should know, that it isn't.
Peggy