[ SHOWGSD-L ] Small inquiry -- ??

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 23:17:41 EDT

In a message dated 9/28/2007 6:06:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
gsdramey@xxxxxxx writes:

I  thought the German Shepherd Dog Club of America was
NOT a corporation, as  such but a non-profit organization.
Therefore, the procedures for a  corporation wouldn't really
be the same for a private club  or am I  too old fashioned to
think this way??

The GSDCA is incorporated. I was assigned to check the status with the New
York department of corporations and found out that we had dropped the word
German from our corporate status.  I was asked to do it, so I corrected the
name
of the club after over 40 years and we are now incorporated in New York as
The German Shepherd Dog Club of America.  U sent the papers to the club,  but
kept copies in my files.

I also, just for interest, registered the trademark afor the club nd was
able to send it to Kris when she was threatened to use it without our
permission.  I also have that in my office.

As a tax status I believe we are registered as a 501C7 corporation.

That is what I know from personal experience, not what I was told.

Evan

Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come   together