[ SHOWGSD-L ] Small herding brag

  • From: GrnRam415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 22:47:22 EDT

What a fun day!  I took a couple of my furkids to a herding trial with the
Herding Breed Club of San Diego.  This was our first AKC herding trial and we
bravely attempted the Herding Test.  Well, we had a long wait and my boy,
Fairhope's Pit Boss, was just beside himself.  This mild mannered, low key boy
did
everything ok until I had to call him off.  He was not done yet and he suddenly
forgot any command he has ever learned.  I had to go chase him down.  He did
not qualify today.  He has another chance tomorrow and he better behave
himself, lol!
Now, his daughter, Treasure's Layla V Milo, was another story.  This is the
brag part :-)  With only 4 lessons under her belt, she went out and made me
proud.  She listened and worked nicely.  She didn't want to stop either but
decided not to make Mom mad. lol!  So, she did qualify and got her first leg
for
her HT.

The judge today was Barbara Lockard.  She was great at walking us through
everything and giving a critique afterward.  There are so many things to think
about and she really put things in perspective.  Thank you Barbara.

This herding stuff is fun.  The club puts on a nice event.  Everyone is
friendly and supportive.  What a concept!  And, what a neat thing to do with
your
dogs.  Can't wait til tomorrow.  Thanks for reading this.

Laura Thomas
www.treasureranchgsds.com