[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Small brag..the German show

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 21:50:58 -0700 (PDT)

Congrats Syd. I have a brag too, about the show. The croup on the V1 male was
groomed by me 3 days before he was shown :0) I hope his Do held :0) It is fun
to watch the German folks watch you groom. They take notes.

  Terry
Elsyd1@xxxxxxx wrote:
  This past Sunday, the puppy owned by myself and Jim Hall, went
Very Promising, and first place in a large class of German puppies. The sire
of our pup is two time World Sieger SchH lll Larus Vom Batu. The conformation
show was sponsored by the Snohomish Schutzhund club, and was preceded by two
days of bite and obedience work. Everyone there was very friendly, and made
us feel welcome. The entry process is very interesting, you are required to
send in a certified pedigree, and copies of all clubs your dog is registered
with. The day of the show, you have to hand over the ORIGINAL certificates,
which are returned to you when you turn in your number. Our pup was SV and AKC,
and I was a little nervous giving up the registration certificates, but
apparently it is the way it's done, if you want to show! Our puppy's name is
Raffles Vom Sandstein, and he was shown by Jim Hall. Jim shows the dogs in
these
shows sort of American style, and he always wins! The class was interesting,
the pups get an examination, and then they are fast-walked / slow trotted
around the ring, being expected to pull the entire time, (to display their
strength). The doubling is very loud and furious, and is expected. The 3-6
month
old pups do not get their teeth and testicles examined. Many of the bitch
puppies were just gorgeous, the males were all stagey, including ours! It takes
a long time for these German males to get it together, I have seen this time
and time again. The judge gave his critique of every animal shown, that was
interesting. He used an interpreter as he was from Germany and did not speak
English. He was a very pleasant, kind fellow, and was very fair in his
critiques. If you have not seen such a show, it is very educational. Syd

SYD MAILBERG
_WWW.KINGSWOODGERMANSHEPHERDS.HOMESTEAD.COM_
(http://www.kingswoodgermanshepherds.homestead.com/)
COMMISSION PORTRAITURE

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original