[ SHOWGSD-L ] Small brag and lots of fun

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:04:55 -0400

This weekend, my boy Fairhope's Pit Boss took the Breed both days at the
Burbank Kennel Club shows.? No points, which was a bummer.? But, we got to go
to Groups.? On?Saturday, it was 106 degrees by the time we got to Group.? Boss
doesn't?do heat and I'm not so good at heat either.? Sunday was about 10
degrees cooler?with a sea breeze coming in.? Boss made me proud in the Group
even tho we didn't place.??

The fun part was that Boss got to be an excellent Ambassador of our breed.? On
Sat, we met and had a long conversation with actress Sondra Locke.? I didn't
know?who she was until the next day when her friend came back to the show and
told me.? Sondra looks awesome for a woman in her 60's.? You all might remember
her for her long relationship and bad relationship with Clint Eastwood.?
Anyway, Boss made friends with several people and enjoyed all the attention.?

Boss was owner/handled.? He was bred by and co-owned by Stormy Hope.?

I was bummed at the lack of representation from the GSD's that were entered in
the show.? So was the public.? It's going to be hard to get points if people
just enter and don't show up.? What's up with that?

Laura Thomas???????