[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Skinny GSD-EPI,,,I have a question

  • From: DestinoGS1@xxxxxxx
  • To: castlegsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, murk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 10:17:57 EST

Many people showing dogs today have forgotten that our dogs in the past did
not mature until two and three years of age.  Males particularly, were  not
show in the Open class until they were mature and close to three years of  age.

Same thing applied to bitches.  We use to show in the Am. Bred  class because
a dog wasn't ready for Open.  It wasn't mature  yet.  Maturity yields what
the final product is and that is what needs  to be taken into consideration
when
selecting breeding partners.

Mary

"If you think  you're a person of some influence,
try ordering someone else's dog around."

In a message dated 1/4/2009 9:43:12 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
castlegsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

My  bitches never put weight on until they reach two years of age.  I get  so
many comments on how thin they are and am asked "if I've checked for  worms."

All have been great eaters with no health problems; just  very active young
bitches who haven't matured.  By the time they reach  three years, they are
developed and have perfect  weight.

Pat
Castle Kennels, LTD
Where Shepherds of Distinction  Reign