[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Size of a show dog..............

  • From: " Oak Smith" <osmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 20:28:50 -0600

Geez Dave this is easy. You get a really tall guy to show your big guy and a
small woman to show your little guy.
:{)

Mostly I am sure all the other dogs out there have faults but mine are just
near perfect, maybe a little too big or a little too small or a little too
gay tailed or a little too big in the foot or alittle too angulated or
sometimes not enough angles but other than that nothing like the faults all
the other dogs obviously have. What's wrong with those judges who don't put
us up? Not at all like the brilliant judges who award us the points. Except
then there is the occasional judge who have given us group 2 and then two
months later not even awarded us the breed over some class dog. He was most
likely drinking on that second occasion and only my good nature kept me from
turning him in to the AKC, or maybe he had been paid off by the owner of the
class dog but my dog obviously has no faults, at least that I can see.
One thing for certain though.
When I win most everyone who I beat says my dog is too big/small, has too
much/little movement, is too dark/light.
I think the same when they win and then we all go out to dinner together and
talk about the poor folks who never get the sheer joy of breeding a dog like
the German Shepherd.
:{)
Oak
Oak Ridge German Shepherds
Dedicated to the German Shepherd Dog
Signers of the GSDCA Breeders Code of Ethics.