[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Size again?

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: CagGra@xxxxxxx, hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 09:34:36 EDT

In a message dated 3/12/2008 8:10:04 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
caggra@xxxxxxx writes:
I may be  wrong Kathy, but I do not believe AKC judges are permitted to
measure or  wicket GSD's in the ring.? It would be interesting to hear what
judge
did  this....?
Jeff Pyle

I ,too am interested. Even if you are only a Specialty judge of GSDs
only,that's a NO NO But I suppose,since we never have AKC reps at our
Specialty
shows anymore,a judge could do it ,and no one would tell. Of  course,where
would
you get the official wicket ?? Some interesting History--Way  back in the early
days,former GSDCA President,Bob Williamson was judging  Intersex at our
National,out east,and he had "bug" about oversized GSDs. There  were no such
things
as wickets then,even at all breeds shows. But he brought a  yardstick and
measured  questionable height,before selecting his winners.  So we do have
cycles,in our dogs.Bob judged our National some years later for a  second
time--no
yardstick that time.

                            Helen Miller Fisher