[ SHOWGSD-L ] Site Suspension? Renewing Membership

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxhavengs@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 22:38:50 -0800

?Denise, the problem with the GSDCA is that it is populated by people.

It is the same problem that our nation has, that our states have and that
the world has. We, the club, are no better or no worse - we come from the
human race. And yet, we come together for a purpose that is greater than we
are - the German Shepherd Dog. No, the dogs are not valued by our world as
greater than people but there are characteristics of the breed that are
superior to our own. They love without limit, forgive instantly and still
maintain their grace and beauty - the look of eagles. Possibly our
attachment to them gives hope that we can grow to be a little more like them
in time. But, in the mean time, we are but human.
If they can get along with people, I suppose we will have to also.

So forgive us our shortcomings, our differences and our passions. We are all
different, all polarized around various issues and all RIGHT! I mean, can I
help it if I'm right? <g>

So join us! You can only improve us! And as time goes on, you may serve to
mellow us, although I sort of doubt it.
Dave

This is exactly why I have not joined yet. I am still not certain that I
want to join a club that acts the way they do. I have been around the breed
since I was a baby, did juniors and became very active in this breed the
last five years but the verdict is still out if I want to join the GSDCA.
Some of the stuff that goes in this club makes it hard for me to want to
join. Its kinda sad that I feel this way because I love this breed and want
to belong to a club that does also but keep getting the feeling of coldness
and not being welcomed from GSDCA. These are JMO no reason for a backlash.
Denise Fox