[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Singles - a newcomer's POV

  • From: Pawsitively Caring <pawsitivelycaring@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:32:36 -0500

I don't know. I guess to me this conversation has just lessened the meaning
of a championship to me. I tend to side with the other very unpopular person
that was mentioned that said something to the effect of "If you want to beat
me, get a better dog". Maybe dogs showing isn't the sport for me after all,
seems I would be quite unpopular and that would well take the fun out of it.
To me all this smacks of a bunch of grown ups whining "It's not fair" when
they get beat by a better dog (who, as we all know, may not BE the better
dog, but was on that day according to that judge). I mean if the point of
getting championships is to prove you have the best dog (and therefore the
most worthy of being bred), wouldn't it make the most sense to have all the
best dogs beat rather than whining that those dogs "Stole" your points by
showing? I know if I had a bitch I was looking to breed, a stud who had a
championship earned by beating lots of great dogs would mean a heck of a lot
more to me than one who only got his championship because the better dogs
didn't show up.
--
Michelle LaFay
pawsitivelycaring@xxxxxxxxx