[ SHOWGSD-L ] Since you asked

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 19:26:26 EDT

webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

we have  never had a true base line for evaluating the  amateur

OK. I think Nancy and Carol do a great job, and I don't mean to criticize
them. But, I do not like the amateur futurity, and it has nothing to do with
 costs.  I have spoken to a number of people about it, including Carol, and
 I have to say over 89% don't want it.

Remember 78% of all figures are made up. And, 3 out of 4 Americans make up
75% of the population.

But, back to the futurities. For the number of people who enter, it takes
too long, makes the day unreasonably long, causes dogs to be at the show
early  and we end up nothing waiting for an hour or two. And that is  often to
judge four or five people.   I don't think a match needs to  have a
sub-match.

Since you are judging the dog anyway, why does it matter who is handling?
If an amateur is going to show at the match, put his or her dog in the
regular  class and have them show.  Lowering the quality of the handler should
not  change the winners.

Trust your judge to judge the dog, not the handler, and don't have a
special show with a handler that you think is less qualified, and then only
judge the dog.  Unless you think the judge is going to only judge the  handler,
then get a better judge.

Those are some of my reasons, and I know I will get some heat, and that is
not a problem. If you agree with me, say so in public, you keep telling me
this  in private.

Carol knows how I feel about it, and I gave her a great idea how to
increase the entries. She probably is considering it.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together