[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Simply Amazing forechests....

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 12:19:00 -0800

Hi Mike;
I meant to respond to your post........but got lost in the flurry of other
and ended up deleting all the posts.......therefore depending on a pretty
pitiful memory!!
I can tell you that I like things "simplified"......so I refer to it as
"forechest"......<G>....and since it has
absolutely nothing to do with the movement of the dog  there is no 'specified'
measurement
of it that I know of.....other than "showing ahead of the shoulder in profile"
and it should be deep
and capacious.......
As Goldbecker explained it ......the "purpose"  of the forechest is for the
herding dog gaiting through
weeds and small low brush to catch the brunt of the constant chafing.......and
simply for the beautiful
balanced outline and appearance of our Breed, as I understand it.
Beautiful forechest is a nice addition in beautiful type  in it's "appearance"
on our GSD....but especially
on a nice 'stallion' male.   Too much and a dog can appear and be "overloaded'
and clumsy.    In my
opinion it has absolutely nothing to do with the angle of the shoulder nor the
front extension of a
correct shoulder.

Thanks for trying to actually open up a discussion about THE DOGS!!!    Hang in
there.........

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com