[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Simple SUGGESTION....Circling the Wagons EVERYWHERE

  • From: "Stormy V. Hope" <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 13:06:40 -0700

There is something that every person who runs across a bill or ordinance that
they want to support or oppose, can do.  I will, in the future, and as much as
I can, always try to add contacts for the letters.  Then, if there are not
talking points available, there is absolutely nothing wrong with just writing
on the Subject line "OPPOSE XW #####"  OR "SUPPORT XW####"  And in the body of
the email simply write  I oppose/support XW#### and add your name and address.
AS the staff goes through the letters, they usually just check the subject line
and toss that one (numerically speaking) in on pile or another.
Occasionally, the letters will actually be read, but that's how you get the
form letters back, by the email addy and the subject line, click a key and the
form letter gets sent back to you.. a click on the wrong key and you'll get a
form letter that has NOTHING to do with your letter that you sent.

That (above) is for a whole lot of the letters that you would send.  If the
bill or ordinance is very important to your state or town, check for talking
points at AKC GR, CaRPOC Library Site, NAIA.  I'll try to add those sites
frequently, but everybody should take a few moments (15?) and skim those sites
for the talking points that are there when you are stuck for what you want to
say.

http://www.akc.org/governmentrelations/full_resources.cfm
scroll down to sample letters to lawmakers.

http://capwiz.com/naiatrust/home/
For contacts and recent Capwiz alerts (the letter is there for you on certain
alerts.  This will be expanding its scope and reach in the near future)

http://carpoc.org/library.html
Scroll down for sample letters, sample talking points.

(Getting to the Printed Form next, Carolyn <G>)

Storm
On Sep 28, 2013, at 8:45 AM, Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> OK....originally this was in response to a post from Carol Moore regarding
> terrible Legislation in Texas.
> It could be something as simple as someone in Texas sharing a letter they
> wrote...so that others in Texas could also take from the original letter
> and quickly use it to write their own and get it done and in the mail the
> same day.
> ( Maybe the person that alerts us...could share the letter they wrote and
> the address ....just something that simple that gets us motivated & moving )
>
> Then...
> Corresponding Secretaries in that State could alert their Club
> members....with
> the "suggested"  letter and the address.
> I've gotten many 'form' letters back and that's OK...( I always get a "form"
> e-mail from Diane Feinstein when I write her ) ....she never EVER agrees
> with
> what I've written about...<G>....but at least I know it was COUNTED.
> I just want them to pay attention and count the letters coming IN AGAINST
> poor legislation that will in time make owning or breeding a dog impossible.
>
> Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> www.marhaven.com

Stormy V. Hope