[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Silent Heat

  • From: "Dorathy Jenkins" <edenhill@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <midnitegsd@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 22:08:39 -0500

I had one that had silent heats - drove me crazy!!  She was bred for the
first time when she was two; did only one breeding and she had ten live
puppies.  They were normal heats in every way, spotting, swelling, etc.
Welll, after that they were silent.  The way I learned she was in heat was I
had her, her daughter and another male playing in the yard.  I went to call
them in and she and my male were tied.  Nine puppies were the result.  After
that they were ALL silent.  So, I would watch the calendar and listen to the
males to avoid any further accidents.  Good luck!!

That was the only bitch with whom I had that experience.

Dot