[ SHOWGSD-L ] Signed letter from a Vet?

  • From: BonJenShepherds@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 06:55:28 EDT

Hello Everyone,

  Ok this is might be an interesting  topic... Someone was telling they once
heard of a Dog finishing it's  Championship who had an obvious fault (I know
happens all the time  <vbg>). This fault was caused by injury & this dog had a
note signed  by a Veterinarian which explained that fault was caused by injury
& was not  a fault the dog was born with. The handler would show this note to
the judge in  the ring I guess. Is such a thing even permitted by AKC? How
would you  judges out there feel about a signed letter from a Veterinarian in
your ring  & how serious would you consider such a thing? Would you disregard
an
 obvious fault if a signed letter from a Vet explained it was the  result of
injury?
   Maybe the person who told me this story was mistaken, I think  they might
be but I can't wait to hear what everyone has to say about it.

Bonnie  Jenkins
BonJen Shepherds
_www.BonJen.com_ (http://www.BonJen.com)