[ SHOWGSD-L ] Sign only if you mean it

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 18:36:10 EDT

In a message dated 7/13/07 1:32:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx writes:
I do not  see how this can be construed as "forcing our ideals on
someone".  I  had rather thought of it as "education".  Tell me where I'm
going wrong,
here.....

That was not my meaning. What I wanted to say, and did so  poorly, (shut up
Paul) was that we can't force others to adopt our ethics or  morality. That is
done by those men in white shirts and black ties that come to  our doors at
dinner time.

We need to share our thoughts with others, and suggest they  sign a breeders
code, or a code of ethics, not to sign it, but to accept it. I  would rather
have one person adopt the right morality, than have 50 sign a code  of ethics
and ignore it.

There is nothing wrong with having a code to sign, a contract  to enter into,
or a standard to read.  Adopting the basis for them is what  is important,
not signing something.

Evan_  Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come together