[ SHOWGSD-L ] Shows

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gsd List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 14:44:30 -0700

We failed to end up with a major. It was a major entry in bitches, but,
well, it did not turn out that way.
It was Easter Sunday weekend this year and it was cold and raining. There
was also an all breed show in competition in Bakersfield. This is also
Albuquerque's week end. That Easter Sunday will occasionally fall on our
week end is a problem when that occurs. I think we should think of shifting
a week earlier or later, but this is the first time since we started this
that the major broke.

Entries across the board are down, but the point schedule should rise or
fall with the trend. Financially it was a bust for us (the Reno Club) but in
the previous years it was our salvation. So we are going to continue as long
as Sacramento will have us - at least until the decline in entries in
general drive us all out of business.

Just my take on this....
Dave