[ SHOWGSD-L ] Showing GSDs

  • From: Patrick Green <grnlfgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 20:34:48 -0700

Hello all, I wasn't going to get involved in this, I usually don't, but I
just have to say if you guys hate showing this much you really should find
something else to do with your spare time and money.  Personally I love it
and can't wait for the next show!  If I go too long between shows I start
going through withdrawal symptoms.  The shows I go to are usually a
ball (must be different than the ones you guys go to), the people are
friendly and helpful and fun-loving.  We help each other with grooming,
sharing generators, blowers, etc.  Laugh at each other when our equipment
breaks down, commiserate with each other when our dogs are blowing coat or
just being idiots.  We go out and eat together afterwards if the host club
isn't putting on a great feed, which they usually are, and have a great
time.  I was just a kid "back in the good ole days" (late 60s, early
70s) when there were 20 dogs in a class but what I remember is that most
dogs in a class were not much more than back yard pets.  Including mine.
(If we won a third place ribbon in Am-bred that was a big win to us)  The
quality today is amazing in comparison.  I started in obedience back in the
60s and worked my way up to conformation and never looked back.  Is what I
do better than what someone else does?  No, you do what you like and I'll
do what I like!  How about that?  Work for you?  Lastly, the economy does
suck and money is tight but some folks just have to place blame.  You know
there are mean, nasty people in my American Legion group and some in my
Marine Corps league and some at work but I don't dwell on them or hang out
with them.  Some of the best people I have ever met in my life I met
showing my beloved German Shepherds.  I'll see ya at the shows.  Patrick E
Green

http://showgsd.org/mail.html