[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Showdog Moms and Dads

  • From: WLFHRTGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: MissJrHandlerGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 13:16:00 EDT

In a message dated 4/2/05 12:25:57 PM, MissJrHandlerGSD writes:

<<  Like i was born to do it, even though i dont have a  family backround I
still feel the natural hand for it you know, well im sure you  do since you
seen me from the beginning to present day. >>

Yes, I know that feeling....the rest of the world disappears, and you feel,
in your heart of hearts, that THIS is what you were born to do.....

I got my first puppy at age 3 1/2, as a consolation prize for ALSO getting a
baby brother at the same time (I'm surprised my mom didn't kill my dad -- he
got me the puppy).

The first book I read as a child was about a puppy trying to find a home.

By age 8, I could identify every breed that was in my child's encyclopedia of
dogs.

At 10, my mother told me "when you are grown up and have your own house, you
can have as many dogs as you want and they can sleep on your bed" (No dogs on
the bed in our house!)  And that of course is exactly what I did!!!!

At my bridal shower, each time I broke a ribbon my mother announced "You all
know these ribbons are NOT the amount of children they'll have, but the number
of dogs." (She was right, but we've exceeded that number.)

You can run, but you cannot hide from destiny.  Not if you want to be happy.

Kelly