[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Show sites /money/calfornia

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: osmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 11:09:49 EST

add to this the reputation the club is earning for not being able to commit
 to contracts, isn't anyone concerned that this is going to be a problem in
the  long run, finding a good site because we keep breaking contracts?

* Ileana  *
Inquest GSD's, Home of :
2 x Sel EX AM CH & Sel CAN CH Karizma's  Cacique of Inquest TC, aka DEXTER
Kaleef's Expensive Date (major pointed) aka  JACKIE

In a message dated 1/30/2011 11:01:23 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
osmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

It's a  shame, from reading Evan's on the spot reports, the decision to
abandon  Colorado seems based on incomplete facts and perceptions.
Evan reported  that it was said the club would save over $18,000 by moving
St.  Louis.
But no exact figures were ever presented. Who came up with this  savings
figure? Based on what?
It was reported that there would need to  be a tent set up to accommodate
everyone in St. Louis, what will be the  cost of that and heating it? Was
that figured in the "savings"? (Second  week in November in St. Louis will
be
cold, wet, and grey)
What is the  cost of breaking a contract and forfeiture of the deposit.
(Reported it  was signed and $1,000 down) I believe it will be more than
just
the  deposit as I am willing to guess the Budweiser Event Center in
Colorado
has already turned down business for our booked week as a result of the
contract. Was that cost figured in the "savings"?
If so there was no  mention of anyone bringing that up for discussion.
I know that attendance  was down for Utah. But I believe that is more a
result of the economy and  ever changing flight rules. (The flight rules
will
effect all coming  nationals regardless of where)What will be the effect on
West Coast and  West of the Divide attendees with a second week in November
date?
By  the second week in November the passes out of California as well as the

Rocky Mountains will be tenuous and subject to day to day closures. How
many
people will abandon their plans for a drive through the passes as too
risky?
That cuts us down to only those who can afford to fly, which judging  by
the
numbers of campers and drivers at the Nationals is far the less  percentage
of attendees. And as things are going who can say what the fly  rules will
be
by 2012?
I like the idea of St. Louis, but not in the  second week of November.
Maybe
the first week of October, if we have to  put up with a solid week of grey
and drizzle. Remember how we had to have  the heaters on in our trailers at
the last St. Louis. How cold it was to  bath dogs? And that was not in the
second week of November.
If the  board is just concerned with the bottom line then decisions about
the
bottom line should be made with hard numbers on the table, not
speculations.
Last: it seems to me if the club really wants high attendance  numbers than
the thing is to have the Nationals in California as that is  where a
majority
of the club resides. But as I said before that pretty  much cuts out
drivers
from the east. I still think St. Louis is great.  Just not in November.
Is it worth breaking a contract over when there are  no hard figures?

Just my speculations, and I do have an agenda as we  live only 380 miles
from
the Budweiser Event Center and to us that is the  same thing as a "home"
show.
:{)

Oak

Carrie & Oak  Smith
Oak Ridge German Shepherds
Dedicated to the German Shepherd  Dog
Signers: GSDCA Breeder's Code of Ethics
www.oakridgegsd.blogspot.com

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.