[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Show fees / show dogs

  • From: Susan Madlung <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx, JParker0127@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 07:30:04 -0700

Unfortunately, as far as CKC and AKC are concerned (I would also add some
breeders in this category) "show quality" simply means there are no
disqualifying faults... it does not relate to structure or adherence to the
standard except as it relates to disqualifying faults.. if a dog can be
walked into a show ring, it is "show quality"

"Showable" is in the eyes of the beholder - i.e relates to the perceptions
of the person making the determination.. what you consider "showable" may
not be to me, or vice versa. that is why asking for the "pick" puppy is so
ambiguous.. it all depends on who is doing the picking and what their
priorities are..

There is no doubt that we have all seen "show quality" in the ring that you
wouldn't even consider anywhere neat show quality..and sadly, they win..
Sue Madlung - Shadowacre Reg'd German Shepherds
http://www.shadowacre.com
** WEBPAGE RE-DESIGNED MAY 11/05***