[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Show fees / show dogs

  • From: "billie" <arelee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <JParker0127@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 07:22:58 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: <JParker0127@xxxxxxx>
To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 3:59 AM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Show fees / show dogs<snipped>
> post on the topics so please don't get mad at me.
> JP
>
> PS I told them showable means the dog can show, where as tops show  dog is
> the one who will win. Am I wrong on  this?

Well actually any dog that does not have any disqualifying faults, can be
shown. BUT that does not mean they will win, or even place.
There is a vast difference between dogs who are mediocre with no
disqualifying faults as to those top show prospects.
Some judges(all breed , who may not know the GSD standard well)) will award
ribbons to mediocre dogs with little competition, other withhold ribbons or
at least withhold a blue ribbon.
I think many of us have seen classes of 1, where the animals are not
deserving. The judge that awards a red instead of a blue is correct in my
opinion.

Beryl Eshom
Arelee GSD
Davis, CA.