[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Show fees / show dogs

  • From: tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx, JParker0127@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:29:11 +0000

Exactly.  There is showable and finishable.   As far as I'm concerned the only
way to buy a guaranteed finishable dog is to buy one with a CH before his/her
name!  Too many things can go wrong.........  I CAN tell you that, with the
quality in the ring at that moment, I could finish it.  Thats based on how many
shows I'm willing to go to, how much money I'm willing to spend, which handler
I'm willing to hire, what time of the year it is - local shows VS travel, WHICH
judges are doing those shows, etc.   For instance, our local AB shows may have
specialty judges doing the Breed/Group or it could be someone who is afraid of
GSDs, a judge who adores sables or someone, in say Afghans, who think they are
washed out black and tans and fault them on their color (something I actually
had happen).   Personally, when I sell a pup I will guarantee you it is healthy
when it leaves my home, has had all shots, sound temperament, and showable
because it has no disqualifying faults.  Finisha
 ble has a whole other SUBJECTIVE meaning!  Spending thousands of dollars on a
puppy who doesn't even have his/her permanent teeth in yet is crazy! JMO
Suzanne
www.tsalishepherds.com
Home of Ch Firedog, Ch Cookie, Ch Flair, BIS/BISS Ch Yancy, Ch Flash, and Lil'
Miss Dancer!! Website updated 05/05

...you buy a dog for big $ and you show it...it costs money to show a dog,
thats just a fact of showing dogs......what do you consider big $??? To me
showable means no disqualifying faults... you can show any dog you want as long
as it has no disqualifying faults.