[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Show dogs

  • From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  • To: vonadlerhof@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:15:30 EDT

Way to go, Kathy!>>>>
Well Bonnie,
I appreciate that , but what angers me is that the people that are not
inclusive, that look down their noses, walking around with sour looks on their
faces , like they were just "weaned on a lemon" at the mere mention of a
newcomer,  or simply brush aside a newcomer.  At one point in  their lives were
also
NEW.  I have watched it happen time, and time  again.  Maybe some of these
people are threatened by newcomers..."They  might get a good dog, and then
we'll
have to compete with them!" or...."if we  let them into our club they are only
going to want to vote"  Get over  thineselves.
    It is this attitude that turns away people, and  quite honestly we need
those new folks. Look around ringside next time you are  at a specialty, none
of us is getting younger, so why the controlling, non  inclusive, attitudes?
Beats the heck out of me.  I think it is a  foolish thing that some factions in
some clubs are so determined to maintain  control said clubs, that they will
in the end , be the downfall of the very club  they are trying to control.
No members, no entry, no interest...NO  CLUB.  Foolish, and short sighted.

Kathy
_Victory German  Shepherds_ (http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/index.htm)
 ~ WEBSITE UPDATED: SEPT 11, 2005
Home of CH. ELVASTON'S NATIONS CUP, TC, OFA H/E DNA'D  "NITRO"
24 BISS/ BESTS OF BREED TO DATE