[ SHOWGSD-L ] Show dogs

  • From: Doris E <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 07:55:10 -0700

A note on dogs that people show:  I have often seen dogs in the show
ring that are there simply because their owners love them, and think
they are the most beautiful dogs in the world.  A breeder can't control
this, and even though the "pet quality" has been emphasized some people
are convinced their wonderful dog is the best there is.

I love to see people in love with their dogs, and if an occasional pet
makes it into the ring, so what? All we can do is make sure the people
don't get hurt feelings, and go home feeling good about their dog. Also,
sometimes these nice "pets" help with the points, right?  Doris E