[ SHOWGSD-L ] Show Dog Purchases...BUYER BEWARE!!

  • From: Ferraristr@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, TheGSDShowcase@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, CHGermanShepherdShowDogsList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 13:20:07 EDT

Since the subject of purchasing show pups has been a recent post, i thought
i'd mention my recent purchase of a so called show dog and offer some advice to
others who may be considering purchasing that new special show pup.
I recently purchased by contract a 10 month old "Show Quality" bitch that was
ready to take out and win in the all breed ring.  The animal was purchased
from a kennel that is considered reputable (breeders of champions and in the
breed for many, many years) are members of the GSDCA, signers of the Breeders
Code of Ethics and one is also an AKC judge.  The written contract clearly
provides provisions to return the animal for a full refund should this animal
not
meet my expectations as stipulated and mutually agreed.  I saw videos and
photo's of this bitch prior to purchase but as I found out you can't trust
photo's
or videos.  Much to my dismay, from arrival to this day, this bitch has poor
temperament, is terribly cow-hocked, and has light eyes.  I have had her
examined by AKC judges and very reputable long time breeders that feel she
isn't show
worthy in either ring and questionable as to even being a brood bitch.

After many conversations, emails, and snail mail, the breeder has refused to
comply with the written contract and has only offered inferior replacements,
and most recently has broken off all communication.  Now I'm stuck with an
animal I can do nothing with nor can I in clear conscience sell her to or place
her with some other individual.

Bottom line, regardless of who is offering an animal for sale, (i.e. breeder
of GV, GVX, SEL, CH, etc. etc.,) go see the animal before purchase!!!!  Just
thought it was my duty to pass this info along to any of you wanting or
considering purchasing a new pup.  KNOW from whom you are buying and go SEE the
animal!!  It's cheaper in the long run!!
JOHO,
Pam and Chase
Starview Kennels
Beware of the half truth.  You may have gotten hold of the wrong half.

It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel
deal here.