[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Shoulders

  • From: Ann Mariano <brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 12:08:29 -0800 (PST)

 Trust me, I understand shoulders, and where the foot
lands.
 I have been to Ed's seminar, and knew exactly what he was
 talking about.  Just I don't see many dogs out there that
 have it.  My mentor was known for having some of the best
 shoulders out there when he did compete.  He had several
 Selects, Futurity Victrix, ROM dogs (many he owner handled
 himself).  However, his line is just about gone.  I just
 know when looking for males, there just seems not to be
the
 shoulders out there that I want.  My girl Ava has a
 beautiful shoulder.  When I bred Ava's mom this last time,
 I got beautiful type/uniformity, decent shoulders, but the
 shoulders were not as good as my last litter. (I have yet
 to breed Ava). I am trying to think f the future when it
comes  to dogs, to have the "total" dog, but not just
beautiful type but trying to keep the shoulder I do have
with my one girl Ava.  And the boys right now just do not
seem to have it.  That is why I am hooping this diescussion
 will help me on my quest on finding a line which has
better than the avg shoulder out there.

 Question, when you did breed Lilly did you find that any
of
 her son's carried on her beautiful shoulder?  If so, I
 would love to see them :)

 Ann Marie
 www.geocities.com/amarigermanshepherds/Amari.html
 Home of Ch Fairway's Leah v Nadelwald TC
 and her daughters R/BIF Ch Amari's Ava Gardner
 and in the wings her daughter Amari's Beware of Foxy Roxy
 (pointed)
 and Breeder/Owner of Leah's son
 Amari's Bandit of Broadcreek (9 points @ 7 months)

http://mail.yahoo.com