[ SHOWGSD-L ] Should Futurities be changed??????????????

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Scharo777@xxxxxxx, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 13:29:41 EDT

In a message dated 5/10/11 7:07:39 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Scharo777@xxxxxxx writes:
The rest  has been discussed all year and I would say the country is
divided
about  50 50 .

I will again throw out my suggestions.

I often try to think "outside the box."

Assume if you will, that the problem is that overall the entry is so small.
 So, if we want to have regional shows, it isn't going to happen since few
bitches are shipped any longer, so regional litters no longer reflect the
stud  dogs in the area.

If we want to showcase young puppies we have to make it easier to show, not
 harder.

Increase the futurities held, and make it easier to get to them.

My suggestion, which I have given to Carole and many others is to have a
futurity in each state and two in large states like Texas, California or New
York. Then the states would be divided into regions, (maybe as they now
are, and  only the winners go the regionals).  From the regionals, those
winners  would go to the national.

What does that do?

1.   It gives more people the ability to go to a futurity.

2.   It adds more futurities to link with regional shows to  increase
entries at the shows.

3.  It makes for regional winners an incentive to go to the  semi-finals.

4.  It gives more clubs the chance to sponsor the futurities.

5.   With more shows, the incentive to charge more to handle  should
reduce. It might go up for the semi-finals, but that would be those who
already
won.

6.  It would give our parent club more income because those entered in  a
total would increase.

I have suggested this many times. Everyone who wants less regions responds
they want to reduce the regions. Those who no longer breed just say to
leave it  as it is.  Those who attend the futurities say they don't mind
driving
to  Utah or Phoenix for a futurity.

What do you say?

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together