[ SHOWGSD-L ] Shit happens

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 10:20:36 -0500 (EST)

I also got a handicapped sticker. I took it because it was red and matched
my car.  I refuse to use it, since there are a lot more people worse off
than me. I have one leg that at times decides to not work.  I seldom know
when that might be. and it is always an adventure.

I have learned that there are not enough  places for handicapped now  that
I notice it, that some times the handicapped parking if further than the
regular parking, and that a lot of people use it who do not need it.

I also remember a story I have told before.

When we were first in dogs, we lived in Michigan with about an acre back
yard. There were pine trees and a stream.  We fenced it in for the dogs to
run.  That isn't that unusual in Michigan, but a shock when we moved to
California. Anyway, the first Winter we noticed a large number of poop piles in

the run.

We realized that if we didn't pick them up, by the next morning the new
fallen snow returned the runs to a clean white pristine area. Each day brought
 another clean run.  So, we let it go for the entire Winter. The dogs
seemed  fine, the piles disappeared each day, and we didn't have to go out in
the
 freezing weather to pick up poop. Life was good.

None of the people in the club mentioned it as a problem, and we went on
from December through February never thinking of what lay beneath the snowy
back  yard. Piles of fluffy white, glistening mounds, sparkling in the sun,
and a  clean whit vista wherever we looked.

Then came the thaw.  Each layer melted down to the layer  below.  Have you
ever seen an acre of crap, solid crap, thawing in the  Spring sun?  Then
came the April Showers, and if only we had mud, but no,  it was a lake of shit.
 The sun would come out to bake the yard, then the  rains would come to
help moisten the ground and remind us by the wonderful aroma  why you should
pick up every day, or maybe twice a day.

Maybe you can't teach an old dog a new trick, but we were young, didn't
know better, but learned the importance of picking up after your dogs.

Maybe more people need to live in Michigan.  Then they would  understand
why you have to pick up after your dogs.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
gsyrfund.com
Asgard German  Shepherds
_http://www.asgardgsd.com_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come  together

In a message dated 11/17/12 6:34:57 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
lfossland@xxxxxxx writes:

just  recently I got a handicap license plate and was glad to be
able to park  near the entrance of a public place. There are ample handicap
parking  places everywhere but they are mostly taken by those without HC
plates or  those placed on the mirrors. There is no one to ticket them even
though the  sign says there is a $500.-  fine.