[ SHOWGSD-L ] Shiloh Shepherds

  • From: Penny Kroh <farmdogforever@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2014 19:34:55 -0500

 I knew Tina Barber (married name Levesque) in the 70s, when her kennel
name was "Shiloh" and we all lived in Western NY.  I had been to her kennel
and saw "he who must not be mentioned" give a lecture on HD and plug his
book on that same subject. Tina always liked LARGE GSDs and many uninformed
buyers still to this day think "the bigger, the better."  Tina was thrown
out of the AKC because it was found out and reported that she was saying
that a champion she owned was siring all of her litters.  This was not
true.  (There was no DNA testing then, folks.)  That was when she decided
to "establish" Shiloh Shepherds as a separate breed.  She concocted a
standard; after a number of years, "Shiloh" owners started breaking off
from this initial "breed."  There are now many different factions of Shiloh
Shepherds: Tina's daughter Lisa is in charge of one group. And that is the
truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me Dog.

Penny in NC
The Farm Dog Forever
Plum My Guardian