[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Shiloh Shepherd REAL Origin

  • From: Karen4paws@xxxxxxx
  • To: CheradonGSD@xxxxxxx, epeningt@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 21:14:50 EDT

In a message dated 3/22/2007 1:30:41 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
CheradonGSD@xxxxxxx writes:
--were  in fact SMALLER than a large male GSD I had at the time.   (and

When I went to a rare breed show with my Ben, they all ran over and were
talking about the HUGE Shiloh and where did I get him. For those of you who did

not get to meet Ben, he was a 31 1/2 inch (I know- they measured him at the
Shiloh show) and 136 pound (not fat) GSD, proudly AKC registered GSD not a
Shiloh and he was far bigger than ANY dog they had there. Now the bone on their

dogs was thick (I personally love a larger boned dog) but our GSDs that are
coated usually (in my exposure) also have heavier bone or it looks so as  their
legs are fluffier LOL  What turned me off the most was attending  their
annual board meeting the evening of the show. After all I had heard about
their
validity as a breed because of years of genetic registry and stable  breeding
they were discussing bringing another breed into the dog to improve it.  Now, I
may be wrong but I thought for a dog to be a true breed and not a breed  in
the making or basically mixed breed is that the dog has been bred to their
like
dog (same breed) for 5 generations or something like that. Actually several
of the breeders approached me about breeding to Ben. Now, I looked at them
funny  as they obviously had not taken a good look at my neutered boy LOL Then
they  wanted to know where I got him. I never gave the Shiloh another look and
YEAH  ended up instead with my TC. Oh the times I wish TC and Ben were here
today  :0)