[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Shepherds in the UK and USA

  • From: Jackie Short <marcatoshepherds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 19:39:25 -0600

Even, I have to ask, and I implore you to be realistic....though the GSD is
still in the top 5 for most popular breeds, how many of them are from
American show breeders?
Many are from the BYBs and Mills and German lines.  When I took out both the
American dog I had and my German boy, I always got asked why Justin
(American dog) walked funny and why Strauss (the German of course) walked
normally.

People that buy from the American conformation breeders, whether people want
to believe it or not, or in the minority.
--
Jackie