[ SHOWGSD-L ] Shepherds in the UK and USA

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 23:19:28 EST

In a message dated 11/18/2009 5:40:33 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
marcatoshepherds@xxxxxxxxx writes:

People that buy from the American conformation breeders, whether  people
want
to believe it or not, or in the minority.
--

There will always be more people who are not professional than those  that
are.  There will always be more mutts than purebred dogs. But, the  breeders

As for German vs. American, that is another issue. I can tell you how many
people who bought German came back.  And, I admire the qualities of the
German bred dog. It is just not what I choose to own.  If all I wanted was  a
beautiful red and black dog, I might get a Red and White Irish Setter, or a
German style German shepherd.

But, I choose to show in conformation.  I will stick with the American
lines, for over 40 years it has provided me what I want.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/