[ SHOWGSD-L ] Shepherds in the UK and USA

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 23:09:46 EST

In a message dated 11/18/2009 4:20:55 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx writes:
it can
        hardly be for our breed; what did we  have this year, three, four ?
        We need to get this breed back to the  vaulted Westminster status
        it enjoyed or so long. Any ideas about  how we can work on that ?

My point was the AR wackos are not winning, dogs are more popular  than
ever. If you want German shepherds to gain prestige at Westminster, get the
best ones shown, not just those invited who won a bunch of all-breed shows.
Then  get good judges.

So far that hasn't been the way the show is run, and maybe that is OK. It
isn't a good showcase for our breed.  But, even then the GSD gets lots of
attention.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/