[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Shepherds in the UK

  • From: janandmort@xxxxxxx
  • To: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 18:02:45 -0500

Not to dispute what has been written but I read that it was business as usual
regarding the GSD in GB.
I will contact my Judge friends there and get the answer.
morton

 From: "pmick12" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx

I've been writing about bad legislation and AR groups for years...and Stormy's
been right behind
me...posting all the time about proposed legislation, etc., and for the most
part, the dog fancy
has ignored these warnings...the actions being taken by the KC in the UK are a
direct result of
people playing ostrich and thinking "it won't bother me."  Yes, it will...maybe
not today, but not
too far down the road.

Our legislators, for the most part, at every level, in the majority of the
country, buy into the AR
spiel.....because we are silent.  How many of us consider the AR positions of
the people we vote
for?  Do we even ask them how they feel about MSN, etc.?  I bet not.

So, while Dave may think that it is a good idea for the club to approach AKC to
try to
"understand the dynamics of what is happening" would be, right now, useless.
AKC vocally
supports the efforts of those fighting anti-dog, anti-breeder legislative
proposals...but it is up to
US...you and me, not to the AKC.    We don't need to interact with AKC to
prevent the AR
groups from taking over...at least not in more than the most peripheral way.
AKC is on our
side...but basically only as it applies to itself...there's no short term money
to be raised by
fighting bad legislation...so it is not a front row item.  They will assist us,
I guess...but in the
end, it's on our own heads.

BTW -- none of this is new.  Not the AR movement, not the situation in
Britain...and not my (and
Stormy's and others) telling you that it is up to us.........

is Copyrighted 2009.  All material remains the property of the original

MANNER
ALL